Ciao Thyme Commons
Ciao Thyme Commons offers an elegant, urban aesthetic for your wedding or rehearsal dinner. This well-appointed loft-style space boasts a view of Mt. Baker, beautiful wood tables, and a cozy fireplace.
Q & A with Ciao Thyme Commons
What is the story behind Ciao Thyme Commons ?
When we purchased our building at 207 Unity Street in 2006, we fell in love with the gorgeous wood ceiling on the second story and the view of Mt. Baker. We dreamed of a loft-style venue that could house the parties and events that we catered. We started slowly, adding the staircase of reclaimed fir and steel in 2006 that would someday lead to the Ciao Thyme Commons. We catered out of the first floor and rented the unfinished space to artists for 10 years. Then, in 2017, we finally realized our grand vision for the space and opened our dream venue. We love bringing the party to us!
What is unique about your venue?
Ciao Thyme Commons feels like an urban living room – you feel right at home in our elegant, open-floor-plan space with its grand ceiling. The space flexes to work for smaller parties and stretches to fit up to 175 standing.
What amenities do you offer?
Ciao Thyme Commons Room Amenities:
- View of Mt. Baker (2nd Story)
- 1-hour layout consultation
- Room set-up and breakdown
- A/C and Heating
- Gas fireplace
- Wood easel with white board
- 13 elegant, wood banquet tables (8ft. rectangle)
- 6 lifetime quick-fold tables (6ft. rectangle)
- 6 cocktail tables (30” round, can be used low or high)
- 100 grey Eames-style chairs
- 11 wood stools
- 5 white Barcelona chairs
- Perimeter banquette/bench seating (60 ft.)
- Remote controlled window shades
- Dimmable lighting system and 3 floor lamps
- Dedicated wifi
- Sound system (multiple speakers with wireless microphone & wireless compatibility)
- Projector (Apple Airplay enabled or direct wire);
- Retractable screen
- Ms. Pac Man two-player table (with additional games)
- ADA accessible bathrooms
What is your favorite part about being a wedding venue?
I love seeing how each client brings their own style to our space to make it their own. After years of catering in venues from here to Seattle, it’s so wonderful to invite folks into our “home” for their special events.
What is your best wedding memory from Ciao Thyme Commons?
We had a fun wedding here last year where all the guests wore fancy hats. I loved looking out into the crowd and imagining an era when hats were commonplace!