What to include on your wedding website
1. Write out your story. Tell your guests how you met and fell in love in a simple paragraph on the home page of the site. Include the proposal story here as well.
2. Have people RSVP online. All of the RSVPs will be in one place, well organized and this eliminates worry about anything getting lost in the mail or coming back illegible.
3. Available accommodations are a nice addition. List hotels near the venue that meet a variety of price points, rental car agencies and available shuttles. Make sure you are helping your traveling guests as much as you possibly can with this section.
4. A schedule of events should have its own page on your site. This should include directions to both the ceremony and reception sites. This way, even if your guests lose the invitation, they can just pop onto your site to find all the details.
5. Your wedding website is the perfect place for your registry. Add this in as a separate page, and link to various sites you are registered on.
6. A fun addition is a who’s who in the wedding party page. Here, you can include photos of bridesmaids and groomsmen, and you can write out a little blurb for each one. This is a nice way to acknowledge the people who will be helping you through the planning process and the big day itself.
7. A fun questions and answers section will add some personality and possibly even humor to the site.
8. Add a video of the proposal itself, or a video of you and your fiancé playing a version of the Newlywed Game or two truths and a lie. This is an entertaining addition that shows who you are as a couple.